About 2.5 years ago, I suffered from a psychotic episode.
Talking therapy and family support gave me the strength to recover and then I started reading about mental health and mental disorders (see photo of this post of an excellent book on mental health that I read last year).
With the right medication and good diet and enough sleep, I can now live with it, and have a quality life!
The most important aspects are these:
a. good collaboration with the psychiatrist and
b. competent support by the family and a talking therapist/coach.
These thoughts came to mind this morning when I read the story of Horatio Clare in Sunday Times.
Concluding, it's essential to treat mental health patients with compassion and talking therapy. These are the best medicines. Of course, the right medication is also needed.
Time to break the mental health taboo and talk openly about talking therapy, because medication only can not be the solution...
Talk to your people who suffer from mental health in a compassionate way and show them Love!
Love is the best medicine, better than any anti-psychotic drug on its own...
Love and the right drugs can do miracles! Go for these miracles and don't stay in the little dark cave of mental disorders.
Open up and talk and Love!

No comments:
Post a Comment