|photo from http://www.nutraingredients.com/Manufacturers/Algae-producer-Nutress-has-new-Chlorella-Vulgaris-line|
- Apparent digestibility of Atlantic salmon diets containing two C. vulgaris meals at five levels was determined.
- Single-ingredient apparent digestibility coefficients for C. vulgaris meals are reported for Atlantic salmon.
- Essential amino acid indices are high (0.87–0.89) for whole-cell and cell-ruptured C. vulgaris meals.
- Digestibility of essential amino acids is high (83–95%) for cell-ruptured C. vulgaris meal.
- Inclusion of cell-ruptured C. vulgaris meal increased dietary carbohydrate and starch digestibility by up to 20%.